Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Lemon Cheesecake with a Blueberry & Raspberry Compote

An easy no-bake lemon cheesecake. A crunchy ginger cookie base, topped with a creamy filling with the tart flavour of lemon topped with a mixed berry compote.

Lemon Cheesecake with a Blueberry & Raspberry Compote

Lemon Cheesecake with a Blueberry & Raspberry


This creamy cheesecake is easy to make and the results are fantastic. 

There's no baking involved as it's basically a fridge cake, but it's something rather special

The base is made with crushed ginger biscuits mixed with melted butter and a touch of honey.

The cheesecake filling is a mixture of whipped mascarpone cream and double cream flavoured with fresh lemon juice and freshly grated lemon peel with some sugar to take the edge of that sharp lemon.

The fruit compote topping is simply made from frozen berries, a little lemon juice and some sugar.

It is one gorgeous cheesecake! I heartily recommend it.



lemon cut in half and whole lemon



Fresh lemon or lemon essence?


NEVER, EVER use lemon extract, always use fresh lemon. 

All you will get with lemon extract or essence is a nasty artificial flavour that leaves a horrible taste in the mouth. Vanilla extract is a fabulous thing, bit lemon, no!

Always fresh lemon. Honestly it makes all the difference.


pin it for later

Lemon Cheesecake with a Blueberry & Raspberry Compote #cheesecake #lemoncheesecake #dessert #lemondessert #fridgecake #berries #berrycompote




It's not baked!



My American friends will be shaking their heads and tutting because this cheesecake isn't baked.

But honestly, this kind of no bake cheesecake has it's own merits.

It is creamy and tart and so easy to make.

I actually prefer the light and creamy texture of a no bake cheesecake. Sometimes a baked cheesecake can be a bit rubbery, it just doesn't have the same mouth feel.

Go on, give it a go!


Fridge Cakes

Here are a few more fridge cakes for you to try. All easy and delicious with no need to put the oven on.


  1. No Bake Peanut Butter and Cornflake Tiffin
  2. Vegan Banoffee Pie Cheesecake
  3. Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
  4. Nanaimo Bars
  5. Mars Bar Slice





no-bake cheesecake, fridge cake, cheesecake, lemon cheesecake, mixed berry cheesecake, dessert, lemon dessert
Dessert
British, vegetarian
Yield: 8-10
Author:

Lemon Cheesecake with a Blueberry & Raspberry Compote

Lemon Cheesecake with a Blueberry & Raspberry Compote

An easy no-bake lemon cheesecake. A crunchy ginger cookie base, topped with a creamy filling with the tart flavour of lemon topped with a mixed berry compote.
prep time: 20 Mcook time: total time: 20 M

ingredients:

Base
  • 12 ginger biscuits
  • 100g butter, melted
  • 1 tsp clear honey
Filling
  • 600ml double cream, lightly whipped
  • 500g mascarpone
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • zest of 2 lemons
  • 2 tbsp icing sugar
Compote
  • 200g caster sugar
  • 400g frozen raspberries and blueberries (or many mixed berries)
  • Juice 1/2 lemon

instructions:

How to make Lemon Cheesecake with a Blueberry & Raspberry Compote

  1. First make the compote. Place the berries, lemon juice and caster sugar in a pan and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for a few minutes until starting to thicken. Turn the heat off and set aside to cool.
  2. Crush the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin, sometimes you need a double layer of bag, so that it doesn't burst and make a right mess. Tip the biscuit crumbs into a mixing bowl and stir in the melted butter and honey. Press the mixture in the base of a  greased loose-bottomed tin (20cm) and leave to set in the fridge while you make the filling.
  3. Beat the cream and mascarpone in a bowl until smooth. Add the lemon juice and zest and icing sugar to the cheese, being sure not to mix it too much as it could split.
  4. Smooth the mixture over the base, cool in the fridge until needed.
  5. Remove the cheesecake carefully from the tin and spoon over the fruit topping.
  6. Serve and enjoy!

NOTES:

You can also crush the biscuits in a food processor.
Calories
501.94
Fat (grams)
41.48
Sat. Fat (grams)
24.20
Carbs (grams)
31.98
Fiber (grams)
4.91
Net carbs
27.06
Sugar (grams)
17.70
Protein (grams)
4.88
Sodium (milligrams)
451.68
Cholesterol (grams)
112.73
Created using The Recipes Generator

37 comments

  1. looks delicious - I love a baked cheesecake but I grew up with unbaked ones so they always has a little bit of nostalgia for me - but yours is a lot more sophisticated than the cream cheese and condensed milk ones I used to have

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those cream cheese and condensed milk cheesecakes tasted real good. They would be great with banana on top. Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this cheesecake is amazing Holler and no baking. Great for all those summer berries!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right Val, but only as a treat or for guests, it is very fattening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No baking involved- all the better I say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too Pixie, although the baked cheesecake Davimack made for Graham and I was heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore cheesecake expecially with chocolate topping but this version looks so delicious that i would defenetly will try it! :-P
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there Silvia, Mmmm chocolate cheesecake is yummy! I just copied a recipe for a marbled chocolate cheesecake today, that has sour cream in it. Sounds great, you might like that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum used to make a similar type of cheesecake when we were kids. . . yours sounds quite luscious! And that plate is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you noticed the plate Ricki, it is quite new. I got this and a white bowl which is similar in style from TK Maxx. Graham thinks they look old and that the bowl reminds him of a chamber pot! He is such a heathen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Cheesecake all on its own is fabulous, but this . . . it's just over-the-top delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was yummy Vicarious Foodie, especially with all that gooey fruit poured over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  13. American cheese cake is hugely dense and heavy and usually contains eggs. This looks light and refreshing, I'll take a slice of yours over a heavy baked cheese cake any day! Love the idea of ginger biscuits for the crust.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds great...blueberries and raspberries on lemon. Nummy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Say the word & we'll bake you another. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww thanks Lisarene! I will save you a slice next time :)

    It is a great flavour combination JJ!

    Thanks Davimack, the recipe would be appreciated :) Did you post it? It was the best baked cheesecake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww thanks Lisarene! I will save you a slice next time :)

    It is a great flavour combination JJ!

    Thanks Davimack, the recipe would be appreciated :) Did you post it? It was the best baked cheesecake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tsk-tsk...why isn't this baked? I'm going to blaspheme Haggis and grill it! lol

    All joking aside, it looks wonderful and blueberries are the best topping.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You go ahead and grill that Haggis Peter, with my blessing although I would nudge you towards the veggie haggis of course!

    I seem to remember a certain someone making a rather gorgeous baked blueberry cheesecake, hmmmm, wonder who that could be? Don't suppose you know?

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is so hot here in July and August that I usually turn the stove off and only cook on the outside grill. This cheesecake looks positively wonderful and is perfect for our summer entertaining. Yes, a bit heavy on the fat and calories but I have some friends who don't care much about this so they will get big ol' hunks of cheesecake while I give myself a small slice (and drink extra wine to make up for it...). Lemon and berries, now there's a perfect summer flavor combination.

    Thanks so much for posting this. :)

    ~Vicci

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yum!! This looks so good. Interesting that it's not baked - I'm imagining a really creamy texture. I love mascarpone and really need to use it more!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cheesecake recipe we baked for you is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Any cheesecake is good cheesecake! I've never made one with mascapone before - I bet it was like velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Vicci, I wish I could say that about the weather here in July and August, we are usually lucky to get a dry day.

    This cheesecake would be perfect for you. No slaving over a hot stove!

    Hi Ashley, it is a very creamy cheecake, but the lemon cuts through that a bit. This is our traditional style of cheesecake.

    Thanks Davimack, I will go copy it down!

    Hi Caked Crusader, it was like velvet, but very rich, a small slice is enough, well for me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it looks great, Holler, and the flavors you combined are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I do love cheesecake, baked or not. Fantastic blend of flavours here Holler!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That looks great Holler! Yum - I loe the pairing of lemon and blueberries. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Patricia, It was a good combination!

    Me too Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jenn, nice to hear from you. Summer is here, lots of lovely berries!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks tasty! Baked or not baked--they're different, but both cheesecakes. I'll happily take a slice

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm with you there Mike. I usually order cheesecake if I am eaing out!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think I would prefer your cheesecake, as I love mascarpone. The ginger biscuit base is also a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ooh yum! I love an unbaked cheese cake as much as the baked kind and this one looks super-delcious and so fresh. Could really use a slice right now, as it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  34. That looks so good! I enjoy a nice no-bake cheesecake as much as a baked cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That looks so divine. I love cheesecake and I love blueberries - gimme!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Nicisme, the ginger base was tasty, a nice combination with the lemon topping!

    Hi Antonia, me too :)

    I wouldn't turn down either Kevin!

    Next time Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hey Holler...I made this cheesecake last night for my daughter. We both loved it:D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave one. Unfortunately, I'm bombarded with spam, so I've turned on comment moderation. I'll publish your comments as soon as I can and respond to them. Don't panic, they will disappear when you hit publish. Jac x